Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 29, 2011

One Minute Movie Review: Life as We Know It

I am, by no means, a supporter of the infamous genre known as the, "chick-flick." However, being a husband of 19 years now, I must suffer through this kind of estrogen driven joyride for the purposes of continuing a happy marriage &, more importantly, marital relations. In the rare occurrence, one of these drippy, romantic, “Oh my God when will it end”, cinematic endeavors, there is a diamond in the rough. This film is that kind of find. Achieving what seems an impossible dream in cinematic features today, this movie is a truly, harmonious balance of humor and drama that most of their equivalent fail. In fact, this movie does such an excellent job I have given it, it’s own categorization, which I am so dubbing a Dramedy. Feel free to steal the term. The stars, Katherine Heigl & Josh Duhamel, are unquestionably marvelous together & demonstrate realistic, natural, & truly engaging chemistry. These two could quickly become the Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan of the next generation. The acting from the entire cast is masterful, funny, & effortless. The humor hits all the right marks. The dramatic sequences are touching & connect with the audience on all points. The tone & tempo of the film are well orchestrated & never miss a step. It is a well written story that is neither sappy nor overtly predictable, although, I felt the ending was a little anti-climatic. But as my wife reminded me, & she is always right, it matched the mood & the pace of the story. 4 out of 5 Kernels, yes I said 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment