Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

One Minute Movie Review: Morning Glory

Stop the world I want to get off. This is the second, "chick flick" I have watched in a week and if that wasn't spooky enough, it is the second film of its caliber to impress my normally testosterone driven preferences. The all star, A list cast including; Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton, and Jeff Goldblum work superbly together and make real connections with each other and the audience. Ford's performance, once again, stands out as the delightfully curmudgeon veteran news reporter forced into the ridiculous world of so called daytime news shows. Keaton is at her finest and McAdams finds a way, as unbelievable as it sounds, to balance between cute and sincere. The romance storyline is lame, uninspired, and uninteresting, which my wife reminded me is not a key element of the film. However, the chemistry between McAdams and the remaining cast is natural and engaging. The humor is fluid, quick, and on point. The plot is basic, but well told, and the ending was poignant and satisfying. Overall, it is a really solid film. 4 out of 5 Kernels, taking a break from the more feminine focused features but if they continue making them like this, I could become more of a fan. I had to say that, my wife is in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment