Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 24, 2012

One Minute Movie Review: Brave

After seeing the trailer for this newest of Disney/Pixar collaborations, I have to say, I was less than impressed and had no desire to drop ten plus dollars at the local cineplex. Despite my misgivings, I have a six year old Disney princess diva, so the laws of the kid universe compelled me forward and to the box office. I am happy to report, this is one of the best of the best of the Pixar prodigies. Majestic animation, wonderful characters, and a unique and engaging story, it is destined to become a modern classic. Add in, quirky and sharp humor that hits at all the marks, and a strong message about family and courage and it becomes one giant Mouseterpiece. It is refreshing to see Hollywood produce a tale about respecting your elders and the spirit of the family that is both authentic and heartfelt, a feat I thought was near impossible. Do not miss this on the big screen, it is well worth the dough, whether 2 or 3D. 4 out of 5 Kernels; unbearably good (you'll get the pun by the end of the film).

No comments:

Post a Comment