Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 24, 2013

One Minute Movie Review: Fun Size


There is manifestly nothing fun about this movie, and as for it's size, being poorly written, acted, and directed it is about 86 minutes too long with a running time of the same.  I rented this for the sole purpose of my daughter who is a monumental Victoria Justice fan.  Both she and I were shocked at how thoroughly juvenile and creepy this Nickelodeon farce was.  Any film that starts off with an elementary schooler naked on a toilet should end up in a Hollywood Dumpster rather than loud and proud on the silver screen.  The plot is so mechanical and acting so contrived that it is an immediate bore right out of the gate.  This is a teen angst film in which all the angst is suffered by the audience and not the characters.  The fact that Johnny Knoxville even appears in this film may warrant a random drug test.  Johnny, even Steve O, would not attempt to pull a ridiculous stunt like this sober or not.  This flick is extraordinarily painful to watch, and I still can't figure out why I sat through it until the end credits, but I did and for that I may deserve my fate.  0 out of 5 Kernels:  this film should have earned and negative rating, but even that would have been too high marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment