Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 6, 2011

One Minute Movie Review: Winnie The Pooh (2011)

While a young'en the VCR was introduced. We were one of the first on the block to own one and the Atari 2600, oh the memories. One of the first movies my father brought home for us was the original 1977 version and I remember, even as a young boy, sitting there mesmerized at the screen, immersed in the many adventures of Pooh and his friends. I am embarrassed to admit, years after, I still have those moments, where the classic tune, "I'm just a little black rain cloud," pops into my head. So I was excited when the initial write ups for this 2011 release indicated the return of the series to its traditional roots. This was my chance to see if my children, 3 and 6, would have the same reaction as I did many moons ago. So I placed it in my DVD player and hoped for the best. I am happy to report, their eyes never left the screen, lost in the hijinks of that silly ole' bear, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, and Christopher Robbins. Suddenly, that warm, soothing blanket of nostalgia covered me like so many Snuggies. Add in hot chocolate and popcorn creating a memory that I will never forget. As a bonus, Pooh as the little black rain cloud returned in a short clip as a special feature, completing the experience for my children. It is positively refreshing to witness that some of life’s little pleasures can still stand the test of time and breech the generational gap. 4 out 5 stars; one of those films that truly create a moment, a precious rarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment