Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 4, 2016

#JustaQuickiePlease: Jungle Book (2016) Review

I hate remakes.  I detest reboots even more.  So, I went into this with little expectation that it would arrive anywhere in the neighborhood of being watchable.   I am very proud to report, my cynicism was quickly and easily discredited.    Although, not a fan of the books, this cinematic incarnation that mixes a definitive respect for the source material and homage to Disney's animated classic, delivers a heartfelt, visually stunning, and utterly endearing theatrical journey.   With a remarkable cast, providing truly inspired performances, surprising yet appropriate musical interludes, and breathtaking effects, this live-action retelling kept me riveted to my seat from start to finish.  4 out of 5 Kernels; this film is a "bear" necessity for any fan of good cinema, both the young, and young at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment