Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 24, 2014

I carried him to the chopper the day he got hit.  I held him until it landed.  I watched him take his last breath.  You know how in the war movies, how the two friends always get to say their goodbyes right before the other one dies.

Yah, that doesn’t happen!

It’s hard to reminisce when you are choking on your own blood.  I still hear that sound, especially at night.  It is a horrific memory.
Every now and then I get a whiff of that smell, it comes out of nowhere.  The stench of fresh burn wounds, blood, and dirt all mixed together.  He tried to scream, but nothing came out.  He was silenced by his pain.  I watched his eyes slowly gloss over as he faded away.  He sank into the abyss and there wasn’t a damn thing I could do about it.

 I pray I never see that kinda of terror and hopelessness again.

Alex Trevor reliving the moment he lost his best friend Boone.

No comments:

Post a Comment